We're Conscious of Maintaining and Improving Sustainable Practices
Sustainable Wreaths and Garlands
We work with nature on a large scale and so we believe it's important to make the right choices for the environment. By using sustainably sourced foliage, biodegradable and recyclable packaging and by reducing our waste and energy consumption we work to minimize our impact.
- When sourcing our spruce - Noble, Nordmann and Fraser - and our Holly and Ivy, we choose suppliers who use sustainable farming techniques to harvest foliage by 'pruning' rather than felling trees and shrubs. In the longer term, these tree plantations can continue to mature, in turn nurturing wildlife and absorbing Co2 gases.
- interchangeably, we use a variety of flowering trees and shrubs including eucalyptus, bay, cedar, the berries of hypericum shrubs, wax flowers and a diverse selection of flora and fauna. Insofar as it is possible, we aim to source from within the UK but where we source from outside of the UK we minimize our impact by bulk purchasing foliage which lends itself to single deliveries rather and a lower carbon footprint.
- Our packaging is made from cardboard and our wreaths are wrapped in a layer of paper which can be recycled or composted. Where possible, we source recycled packaging to ship our orders and we recycle our own suppliers boxes and packaging.
- Up to 90% of our product-materials are of biodegradable, natural origin. We shred and compost our remnant stems, leaves and foliage for future use in our own fields.
- We are fortunate to work in a beautiful light-filled barn and workshop and as most of our activities occur during the day our use of electricity for lighting is minimal. Similarly our production methods also minimize the use of electricity. Individual orders are handcrafted and wholesale orders utilize machinery with low energy consumption over a limited number of hours each day.
Supporting British – Origins of our Foliage
Supporting British agriculture and business is at the heart of our practice. Each year, as our company grows and diversifies, we focus on building long-term relationships with British growers and suppliers to acquire sustainable, quality materials and support British businesses.